A standard piece of switchgear in distribution systems comprising of switches for switching power cable rings and of switches in series with fuses for the protection of distrbution transformers. RMU: Ring Main Unit. RMU used for H.T.side. RMU is having
3no.s of switches(Circuit Breakers or Isolators or LBS), it
is used for two inputs with mechanical or electrical
interlock and one outgoing to the load. Either one input
with two outgoings. RMU used for redundancy feeder's
Ring main unit is used in a secondary distribution system. It is basically used for an uninterrupted power supply. Alongside, it also protects your secondary side transformer from the occasional transient currents. Depending on your applications and loading conditons you can use a swicth fuse combination or a circuit breaker to protect the transformer. This transformer connected to the switch fuse/ circuit breaker is called your T off. In a common arrangement you have Load break swicthes on both the sides of your T off. Ring main Units come in standard ratings of
11/22/33 kV, 630/1250 A, 21 KA/3 secs.
Note: There are comments associated with this question. See the discussion page to add to the conversation.
Related questions: [Edit]
Sources and related links: [Edit]
Can you answer these Electrical Engineering questions?
|Is led bulb resistive load?||Answer it! |
|Why is electric motor preferred to drive different machinery?||Answer it! |
|How are trains used today?||Answer it! |
|Why shell type transformer is used in small transformer?||Answer it! |
|How can calculat the short circuit current of the power transformer?||Answer it! |
- Where is the location of ring main unit in electrical power distribution system? it can be found at the lower front case of the system unit ..
- What is the Unit substation in electrical power distribution? In a power distribution grid, there is a main power source from usually a generating plant or dam. It is then subdivided into 2 or more substations usually to power cities or localities away from the...
- What is the unit of electrical power called? Electrical power is expressed in watts.
- What are units of electrical power? The units of power are watts, horsepower, and joules persecond.
- What unit is electrical power in? The basic unit of electrical power is the watt. If the power is very large, then kilowatts (thousands of watts) or megawatts (millions of watts) are also used.